We appreciate your interest in our Web Site and hope it has been informative for you. If you have any questions which you would like to discuss with us, please email us.
We look forward to speaking with you.
John & Gloria
The firm of Tewhey Associates provides technical consultation and services in the fields of hydrogeology, geochemistry and geology as applied to hazardous waste sites, landfills and development sites. Our staff is small, but highly specialized.
We offer our clients:
Our size provides our clients with the direct benefit of our senior experience and technical expertise.
- senior, experienced personnel with earned expertise in environmental technology;
- knowledge of environmental regulations;
- continuing positive interaction with local, state and federal regulatory agencies; and
- reliability and accessibility.
We measure our growth in terms of meeting increasingly difficult technical challenges, not in the size of our staff or the number of our offices. Success for us is solving a problem in a professional manner and delivering a report on time.
Our goal is to provide practical, cost-effective solutions to environmental problems.
- Hydrogeological Investigations for:
- environmental contamination
- solid waste facilities
- development sites
- Representation/Interaction with Regulatory Agencies
- Project Management
- Permitting and Closures
- Peer Review
- Sampling and Testing
- Water Resource Protection
- Nitrate/Phosphate Impact Studies
- Expert Witness
- Remedial Action of Environmental Contamination
Representative Client List
Central Maine Power Company, Augusta, ME
The Dunham Group, Portland, ME
Town of Freeport, ME
Merrill Industries, Inc., Portland, ME
City of Portland, ME
City of Westbrook, ME
Woodard & Curran, Portland, ME
John D. Tewhey, President
B.A., Chemistry and Geology, Colby College M.S., Geology, University of South Carolina Ph.D., Geochemistry, Brown University Professional Hydrogeologist, AIH Certified Geologist in Maine and California
- American Institute of Hydrology
- Association of Groundwater Scientists and Engineers (NWWA)
- American Chemical Society
- Geological Society of Maine
P.O. Box 238
Gorham, ME 04038-0238
(207) 839-4261 - Voice
(207) 839-3834 - Fax